Sunday, January 2, 2011

Post-Secondary !

I have yet to make the huge decision of what career path I want to take . Thankfully I found a way to buy myself sometime with it . So the decision has indeed come down to choosing between lawyering and acting . I found out that to go to law school , you need four years of an undergraduate course , which can be any subject . That means that you can choose any field to study for four years and if you're smart , you'll choose the subject that you score the highest grades in . Which for me is , who would have guessed , acting ! So I have four years to test out my acting skills and see if it lands me where I hope it can . If it doesn't , than I have still built a path that can lead me to my alternative goal of studying law . I applied to an acting-related course at Ryerson University and York University . Both stellar programs . And I applied to a law-related program at Ryerson , since we have three choices and because Law was one of my highest marks as well . If I don't make it into the acting program at Ryerson , but I do make it into the law-related one , I will go to that program and do acting outside of school . The acting program that I want to get into has very high standards and quite a hefty load of requirements before you are can be qualified to be considered to get into the course . It requires two essays . I have no idea how I'm going to find the time to write these while I have the exam to worry about . If I blow the exam , I blow my marks and the chances of getting into University . If I blow the essays , I blow my chances of getting into the University . Either way , I lose . So I really have to work hard and manage my time sufficiently . I have not a moment to waste . The competition for the University is fierce and so is the competition to win actor of the year - which I really , really need to win .


Summer Fierce

No comments:

Post a Comment