Sunday, December 5, 2010

Gift of Love .

I usually have money saved up from babysitting over the summer vacation to buy gifts , but this year I don't . I thought I'd make money from the job I had , but due to some circumstances , I quit after three weeks . So now I'm left broke . My mom works at a hospital in Toronto , and every year there's a Holiday dinner and a raffle . This year , to our surprise , she won . The prize was a stay at this beautiful five star hotel , which is also where the dinner was held . It was supposed to be just for my parents , but my mom doesn't like going places without us , so we all went . While our parents were downstairs at the dinner party , my brother , sister and I were in the hotel room having fun . We watched the Lion King , my all-time favourite movie and we watched The Princess and the Frog , which I actually liked . Before we watched the movies , we had dinner , my sister and I had Thai food , which I absolutely love and my brother had McDonald's , of course . After we ate , we all went downstairs to the pool . I didn't bring anything to swim in , which I later regretted , so I sat on the side . The pool area was BEAUTIFUL . I've never been to such an extravagant hotel like that in my life , so it was quite an experience . There was a whirlpool to the side and then a huge swimming pool . The change rooms had saunas in them . The dining area , where we enjoyed a very appetizing breakfast was absolutely stunning . I kept telling my sister I felt like we were on set of a movie scene ; it was that gorgeous .

The Pool @ the Grand Hotel
Anyway , back to my point , which was how much fun it was having that quality time with the family . That made me realize that the greatest gift of all doesn't cost anything . It's love . So this Christmas , I plan on spending all my love on my family . I always write them heart-felt cards , so maybe this year I'll make a gift from the heart .  


Summer Fierce

No comments:

Post a Comment