Friday, October 1, 2010

Original Spoken Word Piece - ' Dreamer . ' [Unfinished]

Potential. What's the point of having potential if you're not given a chance. A chance to prove; prove yourself worthy of having that shot. Shot. You missed the first shot. A miss. Who's responsible for this? What happened to second chances with the possibility that your skill enhances - and then you gain victories, so you're asking; you're begging - please! - just one more shot. Success is my only option. Failures not. Too many times I've been put down. Yeah, I've been pushed to the ground. But I'm a fighter. I fight. If I go down, it's after I've used all my might. I'm in the game. I'm here to stay. Leave? You may. But I know where I belong and right here is where that is. You live your life, I live mine and he lives his- but what I have that you don't is a passion. A passion that burns hotter than the core. When I achieve something, I don't stop- I strive for more. I'm a dreamer. I waste my time with non-believers. They wanna take from me what I worked to get, but they don't realize that I'm not giving up - at least, not yet. I know the difference between wrong and right. My parents taught me well. They taught me to never allow the stress to dwell - dwell on my spirits and my passion. My passion to make a change. Make a difference. Reach further than my range and accomplish what you told me was impossible. Impossible. Understand that - without you trying to bring me down, I wouldn't have fought. Had I not fought, I may not be at the top right now. At the top. So no. I will not grow to hate you, the way you've always done me. I will thank you. Embrace you metaphorically. Because of you - my passion, my determination, my dreams have all gotten more and more strong. Doubt. Made me doubt myself? Of course you did. That only made me stronger though. You should know. Know that to make it in this world, isn't to crush the dreams of others, but to be a part of it. Guess that's too hard for you. For her. For him. Because your own dreams weren't fulfilled.





Summer Fierce

No comments:

Post a Comment