Sunday, November 7, 2010

Se7en

The Acting Academy class watched the movie Se7en, starring Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt. It was more of a thriller than a horror film to me, which are my favourite type of films. I love the willingness of suspense it has in every minute of the movie. I thought Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman's acting was absolutely stunningly remarkable. The two of them together took this movie and made it Blockbuster. And then there was the villain, played by Kevin Spacey. He was magnificent in doing so, if I must say so. He really makes the audience hate him. I loved the way the storyline went and the way the climax unravelled and came to an abrupt ending. At first, I was really upset about the rushed ending, but after realizing how John Doe, Kevin's character, planned out the seven deaths so intelligently, I realized that it wasn't actually rushed. It was the way they put the seven deadly sins in, that specific order, and rolled them out so clearly and strong. I didn't like the sorrowful ending, but it was definitely a strong way to end the movie. I usually like the movies where the good guy wins, but this isn't one of them in several ways. This movie is definitely in my top fifteen favourite movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment