Saturday, November 6, 2010

Wicked !

On Wednesday November 3rd , The Soul Visionaries took a trip downtown to see the musical Wicked. It was wicked. Last year, Stagelife went on a trip to see The Sound of Music and I thought it was absolutely phenomenal. I thought after watching that, that it could NOT get any better. Then, when we went to see Wicked, I was blown away. The vocals were, to me, perfection. Every single piece that was sung, every single high note, was hit bullseye. I had goosebumps. The orchestra was well on cue, thanks to the marvellous conductor. I noticed how well memorized he was with the script and how sharp he was on his cues. It's actually extraordinary what he was doing because the orchestra can't see anything that's happening on stage, so they're all depending on the conductor to cue them. The actors were all well rehearsed and there knowledge of the emotions behind the script was impeccable, although, I found there were one or two dry spots where it felt like someone was late on their line. The set pieces and set changes were amazing! It looked absolutely perfect and like I was watching a movie. The storyline was tremendously, amazingly, well-thought out. I loved the way they chose the parts of the original storyline of The Wizard of Oz and incorporated it into Wicked. Making the connections between the two made the musical all the more enjoyable for me. Elphaba and Glinda, the two main characters, were my favourite. I couldn't believe how well they were in every aspect of the musical. From singing to acting; the both of them were perfection.



We also got a couple of hours at the Eaton's Centre to do some shopping and hang out with our friends. My mom works at a hospital nearby, so I got to have a lunch-date with her, which is really nice and I enjoyed it. I spent the majority of the time with three of my friends named Ashani, Kandice and Jasleen. We took our first initials of our names and named ourselves JARK. Yes; we are nerds, I suppose.


Jasleen, Ashani, Kandice & Ramona
JARK
 Summer Fierce

No comments:

Post a Comment